Friday 28 March 2014

On Special Request

Hi Friends,
Just like my previous blogs, this one is also about someone I know. Actually I am writing this one on a special request by someone. Hope you all have fun reading it. :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------

It was 2nd of January 2012 and two new joinees were about to join our team in Innodata. We all were excited because our team was expanding from 8 people to 10. Obviously, it was a good sign; it meant that we were doing our job properly. Well, both of them reached on time. We all met them; their names sounds lil bit similar to me (I don't know about others). In fact, earlier, I thought they both knew each other before joining us. Although, later I came to know that it was not true. ;)

Our TL gave them an overview of the Tasks they were gonna face during their tenure with us. He decided that first of all we will teach them QA tasks. At that time, I also used to deal with the QA tasks. So, our TL decided that I will explain them one of the Tasks I was assigned to. I agreed and started teaching them. That was my first one-to-one interaction with both of them. During this, I observed that one of them was quite friendly. Being interactive, he was clarifying his doubts by asking various questions. On the other hand, the other one was quite and calm. I was confused whether he really understood everything or actually nothing. He did not asked a single question and said he understood everything. Later that day, my TL asked me about their review and being friendly I told him all this clearly.

To my surprise, both of them learned the work very fast. Although they used to have few doubts; but still their progress was good. And I came to know that the 'other one' has actually understood all the facts which showed that he was a quick learner and had a sharp mind. In my words, his mind had the same level as of mine in terms of work. Rest, I still didn't knew.

I must mention here that I love to read people; I observe people and try to find out about them. In his case, even after minute observation I was not able to find much about him. He used to keep quite and don't get much involved. I knew about his mind level but rest was still not sure. Either he was shy or he was a keen observer; I still had to find out.

I remember correctly that my first proper interaction with him was in the Office Shuttle. It was a normal chit-chat; I asked him most of the questions like from where did he belong, what has he done as graduation, etc. I came to know that he was a B.Tech and joined our team to start up his career. After that interaction, he started opening up a little bit. This proved that he was a bit reserved-type and take time to open up. Later on I also find out that he used to observe too but he kept most of his observations secret. He don't discuss everything; may be he don't trust much.

Due to his quietness and un-involvement with us, we doubted him to be a case like Ranjay. We were frightened of this fact. And this led my TL to focus on him to make him friendly at least with him. He started talking to him a lot; asking him lots of questions. Finally one day, he said to me that he was not a case like Ranjay. He was different from Ranjay; he gets involved with the world and he had a girlfriend too. This was really a relief for all of us ;)

He took time but he got involved with all of us too. He started discussing topics other than work at least topics related to the sarcasm of our PM :P He was a nice person. After few months, we started having lunch together. I came to know that he was a fun-loving guy and don't take work very seriously. He used to keep himself calm and light on work. He also discussed his future plans with me. Slowly and steadily, he started discussing about his friends and his life events. He became a good friend thereafter. 

I have spent only few months with him. I wish we could have spend more time together but whatever amount of time we had that was wonderful. From all that time, I must say he is a lovely person. He is a lovely companion. He is calm, focused, prepared, reserved, passionate, fun-loving, determined. He has done a lot of planning for his future and is putting his 100 percent into it. I wish him Good Luck for his venture. Hope we'll be able to meet again :)


------------------------------------------------------------------
I know its been a long time since you requested me for this blog, so sorry for the delay. I have tried my best to collect all the lovely memories and put them together over here. I hope u liked it. As I said that I have spent only few days of my life with you, plus you are a reserved person; I think may be something was still pending for me to explore about you. I hope I am not correct because if it is true then there will be just one word for you....that you have a profound/deep personality. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment